Translate

Sunday 12 May 2013

Lego Minifigures Character Encyclopedia

After Mothers' Day lunch with the family,  I headed down to Plaza Singapura to look and try my luck at that Bricksworld shop with the Lego Collectibles Minifigures series 10. Unfortunately but not surprisingly the box was rummaged through and through. The nice part though was I found something else that I wanted to buy! 



Got it for around 27 dollars as I was a member and was entitled to a 10 percent discount. Of course the main draw of the book was the free exclusive minifig at the lower right. Here is a front and back shot of the disassembled minifig.




The packaging to protect the little critter is outstanding. It adds at least 5mm to the overall thickness of the book as seen below.





The quality of the hardcover book and its printed glossy papers are very good. The pictures taken are very vibrant and really is no slouch. Here are some samples pictures found inside and are pimping little Toy Soldier that came exclusive. You can see them associating it with Mr Gold. 






Now on to the main star, the exclusive Toy Soldier. Here is the pouch when opened, it keeps it in a scratch free condition and the flap is held by scotch tape.




The Toy Soldier reminds me very much of the Imperial Guards from the Pirates line. It holds a rifle and on its back it has the key element found Series 6 Clockwork Robot. Considering the book is the only way to to get hold of this critter, he is one expensive minifig. A pity as I would like to get more of him. Is the book worth getting? Well I would say it is a neutral, unless you really want this minifig. Though the pink cheeks make him slightly effeminate looking. If you find this book on the bargain shelf, maybe it is worth considering then. I end this post with several shots of him in different angles.








1 comment:

  1. Hi there
    I absolutely love your blog =) and this post is one of my favourites and I was wondering if it you wouldn't mind actually posting a scan of page 204 of the LEGO minifigures character encyclopaedia

    Thanks ever so much and keep up with the awesome posts =)

    ReplyDelete