Translate

Saturday 11 May 2013

Lego 71001 Collectable Minifigures Series 10

They have arrived!

Previously, 2 friends and I had pre-ordered a box of Lego 71001 Collectable Minifigures series 10 from a mass order held over in LUGS. Had the chance to collect the box yesterday from the organiser of the mass order. Very nice and pleasant fellow and from the short conversation I had with him, you can really tell he has a Lego obsession, just like most of the Lego collectors I have met.

Here are the pictures of the box. It was mentioned that the box would not arrive in pristine condition, in fact it could have been very badly damaged due to the fact that it is shipped shrink wrapped without the brown packaging normally found when a box like this is bought. Lego double boxes this normally but if the mass order was done in a similar fashion, it would have resulted in higher shipping costs overall. Luckily for me, the box is in relatively good condition




Using my grubby fingers, I wasted no time in starting to identify each minifigure and placing a small little note on it. So what was the result? Any Mr Gold? Sadly, nope, but at least there was no overt evidence of tampering by other people and the type and number of minifigures in the checks out with Whitefang's review in Eurobricks. Not that I will go all out to find Mr Gold. I am quite satisfied that yesterday my hunt for 2 sets of rare was successful as it meant that together with this box, my friends and I would have 4 complete sets. The extra set would be sold to defray or ensure we do not lose from this purchase of this box. Will probably post a picture of the whole series in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment