Translate

Wednesday 1 May 2013

Hong Lim Park 01st May 2013

Hong Lim Park May Day Event 2013


Went down to Hong Lim Park today. Once again, I went down as a Lone Ranger as all my other friend had other various things to attend to.

Here is a shot of the stage before the even started (around 10 minutes before show time). Already a sizable crowd had gathered eagerly for the event to start.















Personally I did not think it was as large as the previous 1602 rally but nevertheless I had a good time. 

I came of course to mainly hear Mr M. Ravi speak. He did not disappoint. He spoke eloquently and was full of jabs to the G. He said something in Malay and another thing in Tamil during the opening portion of his speech but unfortunately I did not understand any of it! But judging by the crowd response it must have been good.

I hope that in the coming days someone will upload his speech onto YouTube and have an English translation for those portions.

I did not take too many photos as I felt that there were so many people around with their power DSLRs and super humongous lens and that those pictures they took will surely surpass in terms of quality and quantity compared to my lackluster Note 2 when they finally appear in other articles.

Nevertheless, I just had to take one as a memento when Mr M. Ravi appeared. 







Here is a close up shot of the stage














As I was hanging around for the event to start, none other than Mr Tan Kin Lian popped up at my right side to ask me if I wanted a noisemaker! So here it is my memento from this event. Did not use it much as I preferred to clap my hands which was much louder. But nevertheless an interesting trinket.
















All the other 10 speakers were alright but I felt the best were 2 past mid-60s uncles on the stage who spoke quite well. One of them was Mr Robert Teh. Uncle Leong as usual spoke with statistics but I felt it would be more effective if I were reading an article by him instead. At times my brain RAM would potentially get overloaded. Like the last 1602 rally, Mr Tan Jee Say has a lot to say against the ruling party, in fact among all the rest his speech was the one that was most loaded with the word P@P in it.

As for the crowd, there were a fair amount of people waving around banner with some interesting captions. Also quite a number of folks were wearing the Guy Fawkes masks ala V for Vendetta.

Midway through the event, someone in the front went ballistic and started shouting and disrupting the event for like maybe 5 minutes. He was somehow placated and things carried on. Initially the MC wanted to give that person a few minutes to speak freely on stage and say his piece but that idea was quickly withdrawn. Perhaps a new article from the MSM side could explain what in the world happened as I was too far away to catch what transpired.

In the end, it was a tiring day but I felt it was worth going down still. Once again the sky decided to let some rain drops fall but it was really short and precipitation was light and ended fairly quickly. Hopefully future events like this will be held but with great participation on the part of the people. Time to concuss. Tomorrow is another day.


[Update 02/05/2013 16:20]


Here is a ustream link of the event where M. Ravi is in it. Sadly it is only a partial upload. If i can find the full one I will put the link here


Here is the transcript of his speech

No comments:

Post a Comment