Translate

Wednesday 24 December 2014

Christmas Eve with Lego 10235 Winter Village Market Part 1

Alright,  with the Advent Calendar all opened up means we are now at the doorsteps of Christmas. Now I will be starting on the Winter Village Market. As most of us know, usually Singapore is several weeks late in receiving these sets often. This set was of no exception. Of course with enough moolah, one could have gotten it off eBay or something but I was not willing to pay a premium. So usually I end up buying these seasonal sets pretty late.As a result, I usually build them one edition behind!







Gund looks pleased that I am adding this set into my existing Winter Village sets and I am inclined to agree. This set simply looks great. It has all my favourite colours in it, Dark Red? Check. Dark Blue? Check. Dark Green? Check. Tan? Of course!

Wow. If Lego was trying to blow my mind about how awesomely they can colour coordinate a set, they succeeded easily with this treat.

Opening the box, we see the manual is nicely protected with the cardboard backing we have come to see in all more exclusive sets. The 2 large white plates are unprotected. For some reason Lego is confident the damage sustained by such pieces is minuscule during shipping and transport. Why? No idea, go figure.



Next up is a close up on the stickers. Reason I did this is because they are so shiny.



Time is running short though and I got to rush for a Christmas Eve dinner with a close friend of mine. Hopefully I can finish this by tomorrow morning. This has to wait. Tempting though it is to try and rush it, I shall resist.


No comments:

Post a Comment