Translate

Saturday 29 June 2013

Idyllic scenes of Jalan Chempaka Kuning

Walked to the the post office at Simpang Bedok to inquire on postage to Australia for a buyer and usually I take a slow and lazy walk through Jalan Chempaka Kuning. Its only claim to fame in my mind is that it was formerly a dengue cluster region. I made sure no mosquito came near me.

This area always had an idyllic feel to it and even a kampong feel at times. As I was walking past some very tall hedges I heard a sound and I looked but saw nothing.



 I heard the noise a few more times and peered closer.



I could not believe my eyes, in the hedges was a rooster hiding inside it. It was not cooped up or leashed in anyway. Just hanging around in the shade away from the blistering sun.



I walked around the hedge to get to the other side to take a closer look. There was actually 2 of them and they were free range roosters literally. An open coop was nearby on the left but other than that, they were walking around free. Darn cool but noisy guys. I saw a chicken in another coop as well as I walked by. The whole darn hedge was sheltering a mini chicken population.



On my way back I also saw a couple of lazy cats, so lazy they did not bother to go and "play" with those roosters. First guy had totally no reaction to me as I snapshot it a few times. He was happily concussed.




The other one looked at me and got back to the business of sleeping.




Back at home, my rabbit was joining the cats. I decided to join them and took a snooze upstairs too.



Well that is it from that idyllic scene of Jalan Chempaka Kuning. I am sure there are more interesting things to see in that area and will take photos when I do go by there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment