Translate

Friday 9 August 2013

Lego 850425 Desk Business Card Holder

Prologue

A short interlude to my Diagon Alley builds. I finally got the Desk Business Card Holder from Secret Chamber when they finally managed to restock it.




The back of the box show the list of parts you would be getting in this set. I feel the amount of letters given would not be enough for Indian and Thai names. Thankfully for my case, they are sufficient though I wish that Lego would give just slightly more so that one can put a bit more on the name plate.




The sides are rather unremarkable.







As the set is quite smaller, we get an instruction sheet instead of an instruction manual. Build looks pretty straight forward.




Contents

For me, once I opened the bag, I found printed black tiles spilling out. To my surprise, one of the bags had a small split at its side. Also the polybags are not like the usual ones we get from Lego which are made of a material that tears really easily and more like a wrapper kind of material. The one that came with this set are the type that are polypropylene (PP).





The Build

Pretty fast but satisfying nevertheless. I like the nameplate and really wish I had more letters to use. No way I am buying another set just for a few more letters. The 2 minifigures on either side are pretty generic.









Taking a closer look at the nameplate, you can see that I had a shortage of the "O" and "N" letters which I improvised.




The name card holder is made up mostly of 1x2 bricks of red, green, blue and yellow. Overall it is simple but effective. Have not figured what I would actually put in there.





Final Thoughts

Is the set worth it? Well mostly to decorate and denote yourself as an AFOL, this set is more if you have some spare cash. In comparison, one would get more parts in a standard Lego set. Though we have to remember this is not a standard Lego set and there are a lot of printed tiles which naturally add quite a bit of cost.

So this is more of a good to have set rather than the must have type. Also, I wished it gave a bit more printed letters as well. Fast build and not really meant to give you the kind of feeling when building a standard Lego set but adds a nice touch to your home decor for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment