Translate

Friday 26 July 2013

Lego MOC Raft

While looking at the Lego 6240 Kraken Attackin' from the Pirates lines, I realised that I had most of the pieces in there and could make my own creation (MOC) for the Imperial Soldiers so that they have a counterpart sort of to that set. Kind of like the Bricksbeard's Bounty has a counterpart in form the of the Imperial Flagship.

So after a few Lego pieces hunting trip over at Tampines Mall Toys Outpost, I came home and assembled my first revision. I had to iterate a few times as I somehow got some stuff wrong like getting too long a technic axle but that did not cost too much so it was fine. I also had to buy some stuff on Bricklink as well before this assembled creation you see below was in this final form.







As the pirates raft had a parrot, I got these dudes an owl.



The lookout is very similar to the pirates version except it is slightly lower. I also inserted some white pieces to match the colour scheme of the soldier's fort.



What I managed to squeeze in for them was a weapons rack so that they can be overarmed and ready to take on the pirates while on patrol.






The other thing is that instead of using all 2x2 round brick pieces I made the effort to use barrels to add slightly more detail which turned out quite well except the colour is a bit different. Well slight variation sometimes add a bit of an organic aspect of the raft.



I have another Bricklink purchase coming soon, so I hope to modify some other part of the soldier's fort to extend it. Meanwhile I really do love this MOC.

No comments:

Post a Comment