Translate

Sunday 25 December 2011

Lego 10197 Fire Brigade Part 5

Final Thoughts

As this was my first set since emerging from my dark ages, naturally I had a blast building this set. What distinguishes modular sets from regular Lego City sets to me are that they feature unusual brick techniques,  full building design (unlike Lego sets which are usually facades with nothing at the back usually), bigger enclosed space compared to other building sets. Also their piece count are quite high due to their details and make the build longer that most sets similar to UCS. Finally they can be connected to each other to create a street of them.

Lego always regularly features City Police and City Fire sets in their yearly line up so I am somewhat not surprised to see a Fire Brigade in their modular series. Now I am waiting for when they will release a police station and look forward to it. For me, as a kid I did want to be come a fireman and this set really encompasses in my mind what a traditional colonial looking fire station ought to look like and combine many elements found in the Singapore Central Fire Station

















Shall end of the review with a few more pictures of the set fully assembled.



















 Added some Collectable Miniatures to liven up the front street
















Back: Roof Level

No comments:

Post a Comment